Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here we go.........

Today finds me gearing up for our annual pie party, PieFest 6.  Thinking that it was a cryin' shame that Americans were losing touch with baking and a good pie, we decided to invite some friends for a pie party.  How did we make certain people would come?  We made it a competition and, holy shit, did people respond!  The first winner of the savory category was a guy who had NEVER made a pie in his life and made up a seafood pie recipe.  Every year since people have made the most outrageously delicious pies.  Honestly, if you like pie I heartily suggest you have a pie party.  Let everyone bring a pie, eat, vote and have a prize for the winners.  All I have to do is make sure the house is clean and that there enough utensils and drinks.  The easiest and tastiest party we have.

The Kindle is currently fired up with The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss and it's living up to expectation.  Being only halfway through the only thing I can say is that every time I start reading I feel as if I've been transported.  For me that's the sign of great story telling.
 

As a final comment in this first post ever, I'll leave you with something that made me laugh out loud when I saw it.  If you've ever shopped at Whole Foods you'll probably relate!  Enjoy:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFc1pr2yUU

No comments:

Post a Comment