Tuesday, November 29, 2011

More shit to learn

I've realized that if I don't actually sit down and post the stuff I'm thinking/reading/watching, I forget by the time I get here.  I know, brilliant of me.  Here's the recap:

Thanksgiving - fun with family and friends.  I highly recommend sending out an email on Friday morning and inviting a bunch of people over to sit around the firepit that evening eating leftover/dessert.  We were taken by surprise when EVERYONE said yes and even brought their guests along. I'm guessing it was a good excuse to get the in-laws out of the house.  Much wine was consumed.  New brandy was tested and approved of and general merriment ensued.

I've been thinking (alot) about how generally fucked up people are about sex. Whoa, quite a shift from Thanksgiving I know but there it is.  If there wasn't so much damn guilt associated with sex, people wouldn't do things like prey on young children, or feel badly because they had a stray lustful thought that they didn't act upon. It's a biological act.  Natural unless forced into hiding, where it can become perverted in the dark recesses of the mind.  I'm starting to be convinced that guilt about sex is messing up many a life and I'm thinking I'm going to start talking about it more. If people are uncomfortable, it will be there sign to figure out why. My sage advice?  Enjoy it!

The past 6 months has found me delving into electronics of all sorts...FB, Twitter, GoodReads, this blog.  It's been alternately invigorating, frustrating, occasionally humiliating but most often really fun.  The work life has me on the computer all day but it's singular and dry.  Logging on and finding people out there reading the same books, watching the same movies and being hilarious lifts my spirits greatly!!

The moral?  There's always more shit to learn and you are often better for putting yourself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment