Drifting in through the open windows this afternoon is the sporadic sound of a whistle. It took a while for it to make its way into my consciousness but when it finally did I started paying attention. Every once in a while a big long 'twweeettt'..obviously one of the neighborhood kids. Curiosity got the best of me and I went to a window. There he was, the 4 year old next door. Running around his yard, whistle between his teeth and every once while just letting it rip and I was instantly transported back to those younger days.
It's amazing to me how these many, many years later, some memories are still so vivid. The feeling of pure happiness, beautiful weather and nobody telling you what to do. Your yard and immediate neighborhood seemed so immense and full of adventure. You had your whistle and every once in a while you give it a blow to let world know that you are here. It was so pure.
That memory of the feeling of pure happiness has me thinking about what happened to it. More importantly, how to regain it.
No comments:
Post a Comment